lördag 15 januari 2011

Tue w 2 – A day of Other duties

Came to work and found myself alone in my office. Everything was dark and desolate. The cleaners had been there during the Christmas holidays so it wasn´t all cathacomb-like –which it always is when you leave it and time passes.

I saw signs telling me that at least one colleague had been there. The umbrella stood there like a welcoming stranger in attention. It was a new umbrella (for me anyway) and we greeted each other in the way only possible between between humans and objects.


My desk is never “a funny story”. Rather to be regarded as an excavation site where one can do all sorts of finds; from dinosaur fossils to signs of extraterrestrial life. This day it was even less fun and looked rather challenging.


I began to scrape and scratche and scrabble and scrooge the little piles and started clearing things up. I even dared going down one of the mines – the drawer labelled mentor - and could break a lot of finds that could be excavated and thrown inthe furnace of the bin.


"Mining" lasted all morning and was relieved of various mentor jobs of the more "boring" variety - check the students attendance and type warnings to some. Also had a half-hour conversation with a parent.


Walked around and accomplished some tasks and finished the day with a meeting in the library.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar